Join First Things Foundation
First Things Foundation asks hard working individuals to give up their comfortable existence for at least two years. Why? Because when we live simply and share in the experience of those who suffer we gain humility and acquire insights. We have found that when we close our mouths and quiet our minds we actually turn out to be assets for the poor. It's not rocket science: Good projects and healthy change always grow out of authentic, loving, dynamic relationships. People matter more than plans. And bright, motivated, hard-working people can be found wherever one finds poverty. But we must be quiet and patient enough to find them.
Be part of a small team of like minded individuals looking to shake up the aid world. See your ideas tested and implemented in the field as you learn what it takes to live in different worlds.
Field Worker — Guatemala
We are actively engaging with poor entrepreneurs, visionaries, local leaders, and community projects to consult, facilitate, and network people together in order to get their projects and ideas off the ground.
This is not your average job! What does this mean? It means we live the same as those we serve: cold concrete floors, only filtered water, local meals, lots of walking and a ton of new friends and stories.
We are looking for a motivated individual who believes in offering hand-ups not hand-outs and is willing to live and breathe Guatemala for 2 years.
- Be willing to commit for a 2 year experience
- Open-mindedness and a team player at all levels
- Able to adapt to a variety of social and economic differences
- Self motivated with a good level of organization
Skills and Experience
All backgrounds accepted, we will teach you what you need to know!
- Serving a local community in an area of need as a volunteer for the first 8 months
- Consulting with entrepreneurs and projects and being a facilitator to their ideas
- Actively creating a network of local and national volunteers, partners, and sponsors
- Contributing monthly to our media through blogs, pictures, and video
- Learning and speaking in national and local languages (Spanish and Maya K'Iche')
Social Media Expert
To Apply (both)
Please send your resume and a short letter describing why you want to join us to Andrew Schwark at email@example.com
If you have any additional questions we would be happy to answer them!